The HackCollege Guide to Back to School
It’s time to acknowledge the inevitable: stores have been hawking cheap crayons and futons for two months now, Facebook’s deluge of first-day-of-kindergarten mom posts has faded away and yesterday’s Timehop was an awkward photo from freshman orientation. The college school year is beginning.
You may not need a pencil bag or pack of colored pencils this year, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t prepare for the new school year. Check out some of the posts below to make this year the best yet.
The first week of school is a breeze—every class is a syllabus review, major deadlines are weeks away and you’re still tan and relaxed from vacation. Use your extra time to start off on the right foot!
- Prepping for Fall Semester
- Start Your First Week Off Right
- Get the Most Out of Your Syllabus
- When to Withdraw from a Class
- How to Make the Most of a Large Lecture Class
In high school, you could just take whatever schedule they gave you, but now your decision to take Underwater Bandalooms instead of Intermediate Algebra might require an extra semester. Try these methods to make sure all your requirements are met.
- Virtual Internships
- The Art of Cramming
- How to Register for Closed Classes
- How to Graduate Early
- CLEP/DSST Exam Guide
- How to Function Without Sleep
- How to Bounce Back from Failing a Class
Freshman year, life after graduation seemed a million years away, but now everyone’s talking about Internships and Graduate Applications and Deadlines. What are you going to do with your life?
- Signs You Should Switch Your Major
- Why You Should Add a Minor
- Classes Everyone Should Take
- Skills That Will Make You Employable
- Enrichment Classes You Should Consider
- How to Find a Mentor in College
Habits and Goals
This is the year. The year you’re going to finally kick that one bad habit and take up some virtuous side project. Whatever your goals may be, make yourself a better person this semester.
- A Messy Person’s Guide to Being Clean and Organized
- Stress Management Techniques
- How to Stop Procrastinating
- Reboot Your Notes
- Successful Student Habits
- How to Balance School & A Job
- How to Develop Discipline
While you’re at it, go ahead and improve the things around you while you’re working on yourself. Your stuff, your space and your relationships could all use some TLC.
- 5 Ways to Save on Textbooks
- DIY Computer Tune-Up
- Maximize Your Closet Space
- 30 Cheap Date Ideas
- Raise Your Social Status
Welcome back to school! We here at HackCollege hope 2016-17 is one for the books.