General Information About George C Wallace Community College-Dothan
George C. Wallace Community College, a comprehensive community college, seeks to provide accessible quality educational opportunities, promote economic growth, and enhance the quality of life of its constituents.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 63%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 5,985 Native American 23.0 Asian 58.0 African American 1,623.0 Hispanic 123.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,756 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0