General Information About FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles
FIDM’s focused curriculum integrates creative and leadership skills to develop graduates for the global industries of Fashion, Visual Arts, Interior Design, and Entertainment. Combined with these skills, FIDM graduates value ethical choices, demonstrate an awareness of cultural diversity, communicate effectively, think critically, and possess the knowledge of technology essential to their professions. “The world is changing and it’s up to us to play an active role in it. If we passively live our lives, the universe will act accordingly.” – Jessica Krewson, FIDM Graphic Design Alumna and Art Director of Yogi Times “The fast-paced curriculum at FIDM is a perfect first step towards a career in the fashion industry. With a little luck, a little creativity, and a lot of hard work, FIDM can help you accomplish your goals.” – Private Label, A Fashion Industry Trade Magazine
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, primarily associate's, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,829 Percent Admitted 68% Men Admitted 61% Women Admitted 69% Full Time Retention Rate 70%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 6,110 Native American 35.0 Asian 846.0 African American 306.0 Hispanic 1,154.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,650 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0