General Information About Sierra College
Sierra College provides a challenging and supportive learning environment for students having diverse goals, abilities, and needs interested in transfer, career and technical training, and life long learning. The College’s programs and services encourage students to identify and to expand their potential. Sierra College students will develop the knowledge, skills and abilities to become engaged and contributing members of the community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 49%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 30,014 Native American 420.0 Asian 1,917.0 African American 674.0 Hispanic 2,735.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 7,920 Enrolled FullTime Graduates