General Information About Southwestern College
Southwestern Community College District is committed to serving its diverse and multicultural cultural community by providing dynamic, quality education which promotes the personal, career, and educational goals of its members. To this end, the College encourages participation by all to improve the quality of life for individuals.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 52%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 27,179 Native American 133.0 Asian 4,122.0 African American 1,421.0 Hispanic 16,713.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 7,904 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0