General Information About State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota
Manatee Community College provides an accessible, dynamic learning environment that facilitates the achievement of educational, professional, and personal goals by our students and members of our communities in an atmosphere that embraces academic excellence, diversity, and innovation. Awards Offered: Colleges and Universities Less than one year certificate One but less than two years certificate Associate's degree Program Majors: Colleges and Universities Business, management, marketing, and related support services Computer and information sciences and support services Education Engineering technologies/technicians Family and consumer sciences/human sciences Health professions and related clinical sciences Legal professions and studies Liberal arts and sciences, general studies and humanities Personal and culinary services Security and protective services Visual and performing arts
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, primarily associate's, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 63%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 16,395 Native American 48.0 Asian 408.0 African American 1,867.0 Hispanic 1,448.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 5,279 Enrolled FullTime Graduates