General Information About Georgia Perimeter College
Georgia Perimeter College transforms the lives of our students to thrive in a global society. As a diverse, multi-campus two-year college, we provide relevant, responsive, learner-centered higher education that facilitates the achievement of academic, professional and personal goals. We embrace excellence, teamwork, and quality service that link the college’s human capital with our communities to enhance economic, social and cultural vitality. As a key point of entry for students into higher education in Georgia and as the major provider of associate degrees and student transfer opportunities, Georgia Perimeter College supports the Strategic Plan of the University System of Georgia.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 12,492 Percent Admitted 67% Men Admitted 68% Women Admitted 66% Full Time Retention Rate 63%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 34,272 Native American 103.0 Asian 2,812.0 African American 14,943.0 Hispanic 1,549.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 11,577 Enrolled FullTime Graduates