General Information About Hawaii Community College
Hawai`i Community College promotes student learning by embracing our unique Hawai`i Island culture and inspiring growth in the spirit of E `Imi Pono. Aligned with the UH Community Colleges system's mission, we are committed to serving all segments of our Hawai`i island community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 61%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,838 Native American 35.0 Asian 2,684.0 African American 30.0 Hispanic 104.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,899 Enrolled FullTime Graduates