General Information About Augustana College
Augustana College seeks to develop in students the characteristics of liberally educated persons: clarity of thought and expression, curiosity, fair-mindedness, appreciation for the arts and cultural diversity, intellectual honesty, and a considered set of personal values and commitments. Students combine exploration of the arts, sciences, and humanities with in-depth study in their major field(s), guided by an excellent, committed faculty, they grow personally and socially through participation in wide extracurricular and co-curricular opportunities on one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Special features include innovative interdisciplinary first-year courses, foreign study, and internships – both domestic and international.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 3,633 Percent Admitted 73% Men Admitted 68% Women Admitted 77% Full Time Retention Rate 82%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 23 28 English 22 29 Math 22 28
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,585 Native American 9.0 Asian 61.0 African American 54.0 Hispanic 90.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,524 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0