General Information About Bethel College
* An evangelical Christian college affiliated with the Missionary Church, Bethel is uniquely qualified to provide educational opportunities for all students, traditional and nontraditional, who are interested in a liberal arts program of studies with career and personal growth orientations. A coeducational college, it offers studies including master's, baccalaureate and associate degrees for the broad spectrum of students and in a variety of settings. * Furthermore, the college is located in an urban community with rich educational and cultural resources, and it participates in a consortium of colleges and universities where educational opportunity is enhanced through the sharing of these resources. * Recognizing that the future offers opportunities and challenges which must be met by a responsive academic community, the college affirms its commitment to provide liberating and relevant academic programs, while holding to its Christian responsibility to be a witness and participant in the contemporary world. As a Christian college, we accept the person of Jesus Christ and His gospel as normative for the values we seek to understand, live and communicate. We Propose to Accomplish This Mission By: * Creating quality teaching-learning experiences which consist of studies in common areas of learning, together with studies which develop knowledge and skill in a particular curriculum. * Encouraging all members within the college community to develop personal relationships that foster and sustain growth in spiritual, intellectual, physical and social dimensions, as well as in professional competence. * Offering experiences beyond the classroom which contribute to the development of the broadly educated individual and the competent professional. * Fostering a spirit of scholarship, inquiry and independent study which provides stimulus and background for a life of learning. * Striving to prepare students to serve the Church, the community and the society at large. * Challenging total Christian commitment within the college environment. The Vision of Bethel Bethel College is a growing, dynamic, progressive institution committed to its mission as an evangelical Christian college and its covenant with the Missionary Church. We intend to focus our energies and resources toward developing an institution known for the following: * Vibrant Community - Bethel College will be an institution of Christian higher education known for its spiritual vitality and vibrant community ethos. Programming in the areas of spiritual formation, life calling, social life, fitness and wellness, arts and culture, and ethnic diversity will be further strengthened and developed over the next decade. * Excellence in Teaching and Learning – It is our intent to build upon the college’s strong foundation as an institution committed to quality teaching and the model of faculty members who serve as guides to the educational journey of our students. We will invest and improve in the areas of outcomes assessment, qualified and effective faculty, and learning environments. * Service to Others – We will strengthen our service to others on two fronts. First, we commit ourselves to strengthening our service to students by applying the principles of continuous quality improvement throughout the institution’s administrative and academic support systems. Second, we will seek to expand the college’s service to the community as a witness and testimony of our Christian faith through expanded programming in the areas of volunteer service, missions, and investment of our personnel, facilities, expertise and reputation.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Missionary Church Inc
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 91%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,498 Native American 9.0 Asian 22.0 African American 315.0 Hispanic 81.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,511 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 45