General Information About Maine College of Art
Maine College of Art delivers a demanding and enlivening education in visual art and design within an intimate learning community. We teach each student how to transform aspirations and values into a creative practice that serves as the foundation for a lifelong pursuit of personal and professional goals.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 353 Percent Admitted 78% Men Admitted 83% Women Admitted 77% Full Time Retention Rate 73%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 480 600 Math 450 580 Writing 460 580
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 20 28
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 402 Native American 2.0 Asian 5.0 African American 5.0 Hispanic 5.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 308 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 34