General Information About Inver Hills Community College
College Mission Inver Hills is a comprehensive community college committed to continuously improving student understanding and capabilities that help students lead purposeful lives, contribute to a vital social and economic community, and pursue lifelong learning. College Goals Inver Hills will be recognized as an outstanding college and will pursue the following goals: Provide multiple opportunities to help students determine their educational and career goals. Help students persist to achieve their personal, academic, and career goals. Prepare students for success in specific careers. Provide students with an integrated perspective and appreciation of a liberal arts education. Provide the foundation for continued formal education and lifelong learning. Help students become responsible citizens in a diverse and global society. Improve student understanding and effective use of technology in learning and work. Help organizations improve effectiveness through employee education and training. Implement continuous evaluation and improvement strategies throughout the college.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 59%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 8,535 Native American 71.0 Asian 449.0 African American 725.0 Hispanic 271.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,509 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0