General Information About Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science
Whether your passion is forestry or the culinary arts, hospitality or biology, natural resources or business, for over 60 years Paul Smith's has provided the experience to launch your life. And while our range of two- and four-year degrees is diverse, everything we teach is based on the same principle: That actually doing is a critical part of learning. With immediate access to not just the natural wonders of the Adirondack Park but also the bustling resort community of Lake Placid at your doorstep, you'll get up-close and personal with your chosen field in a safe, world-class setting. Our 15-to-1 student-faculty ratio means that you'll get that experience with the personal attention that will bring out your best. That commitment to experiential learning works: more than 9 of 10 Paul Smith's alums land jobs in their chosen fields or go to grad school within six months of graduation.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, primarily associate's, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Rural: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 561 Percent Admitted N/A% Men Admitted 80% Women Admitted 64% Full Time Retention Rate 65%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 985 Native American 7.0 Asian 8.0 African American 32.0 Hispanic 18.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 983 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0