General Information About Sarah Lawrence College
We encourage students to build their own concentrations, selecting courses tailored to their interests and abilities, as well as to their career goals, such as entrance to medical or other graduate schools. The sequence and distribution of courses are planned for each student's program by the student and by his or her don.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 2,158 Percent Admitted 60% Men Admitted 61% Women Admitted 60% Full Time Retention Rate 82%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,801 Native American 5.0 Asian 88.0 African American 66.0 Hispanic 93.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,288 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 257