General Information About Catawba Valley Community College
Catawba Valley Community College is an innovative, comprehensive community college that fosters an environment focused on Academic Excellence, Globalization and Diversity, Economic and Workforce Development, and Student and Community Engagement to empower individuals and enrich the community through premier educational programs and services centered on teaching and learning.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 75%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 7,020 Native American 32.0 Asian 506.0 African American 635.0 Hispanic 279.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,731 Enrolled FullTime Graduates