General Information About Sampson Community College
Sampson Community College, founded as an extension unit of the Goldsboro Industrial Education Center, was chartered as an independent member institution of the North Carolina Community College system in 1967. The College operates as a comprehensive two-year public community college serving adult students of Sampson and surrounding counties. Consistent with the historical traditions of North Carolina’s community colleges, the College affirms its belief in the incomparable worth of all students and its commitment to open-door student admissions. Central to this commitment, the College recruits and retains outstanding faculty members who support this mission and are dedicated to the art of teaching and advising students from all backgrounds and at all levels of educational preparation.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 66%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,038 Native American 59.0 Asian 11.0 African American 732.0 Hispanic 163.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 783 Enrolled FullTime Graduates