General Information About Cleveland State University
Our mission is to encourage excellence, diversity, and engaged learning by providing a contemporary and accessible education in the arts, sciences, humanities and professions, and by conducting research, scholarship, and creative activity across these branches of knowledge. We endeavor to serve and engage the public and prepare our students to lead productive, responsible and satisfying lives in the region and global society.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 4,175 Percent Admitted 64% Men Admitted 64% Women Admitted 64% Full Time Retention Rate 66%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 410 540 Math 400 570
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 17 23 English 15 22 Math 16 23
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 20,109 Native American 46.0 Asian 582.0 African American 3,658.0 Hispanic 577.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 8,013 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 2,100