General Information About South Texas Barber College Inc
# Mission Statement The misson of the South Texas Barber College, Inc. is the following: To instill in students pride in their ability to style hair or provide nail services; To teach students the ingredients of success; To instill in students pride in themselves and their abilities; To instruct students in the necessary procedures to obtain a license from the State Board of Barber Examiners so that they may join the barbering or manicuring professions.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Placement services for completers
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 21%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 67 Native American 0.0 Asian 0.0 African American 5.0 Hispanic 57.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 64 Enrolled FullTime Graduates