General Information About Stephen F Austin State University
Stephen F. Austin State University is a comprehensive institution dedicated to excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative work, and service. Through the personal attention of our faculty and staff, we engage our students in a learner-centered environment and offer opportunities to prepare for the challenges of living in the global community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 8,960 Percent Admitted 73% Men Admitted 69% Women Admitted 75% Full Time Retention Rate 65%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 430 540 Math 440 560
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 18 23 English 17 23 Math 18 23
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 13,900 Native American 97.0 Asian 163.0 African American 2,852.0 Hispanic 1,211.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 9,552 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 620