General Information About University of Houston-Downtown
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) celebrates student success, excellence, inclusiveness, respect, integrity and service. UHD faculty and staff members are committed to providing students with quality educational opportunities and helping them achieve their educational goals.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 61%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 15,333 Native American 36.0 Asian 1,526.0 African American 4,324.0 Hispanic 5,090.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 6,038 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 15