General Information About Western Governors University
The primary mission of Western Governors University is to improve quality and expand access to postsecondary educational opportunities by providing a means for individuals to learn, independent of time or place, and to earn competency-based degrees and other credentials that are credible to both academic institutions and employers.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 3,704 Percent Admitted 45% Men Admitted 50% Women Admitted 42% Full Time Retention Rate 70%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 14,109 Native American 132.0 Asian 299.0 African American 1,237.0 Hispanic 660.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 16,214 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 5,191