General Information About Pierce College at Fort Steilacoom
Mission Statement : * We are a community of learners open to all. * Our community is built on a foundation of respect and openness to change. * Together, we strive to meet the needs of our diverse community and develop each member's abilities. * Our commitment to quality education and teaching excellence prepares learners to live and work successfully in an ever-changing world.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 52%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 14,347 Native American 173.0 Asian 935.0 African American 1,674.0 Hispanic 1,104.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,015 Enrolled FullTime Graduates